We are looking for highly skilled, creative UI/UX Designers to join our growing team. Our Design Team crafts delightful experiences that empower cooperation across communities, teams and platforms and facilitates actionable interventions and conversations that make people’s lives easier. If you have a passion for digital product design and an aptitude to work in a collaborative environment, can demonstrate empathy and strong advocacy for our users, while balancing the vision and constraints of engineering, then this might well be the role for you!
Our team at our Stirling HQ is growing and it’s a great place to be – who said there’s no such thing as a free lunch? There is here! Plus gym membership, flexible working and a chill out area with pool table, Foosball, electric guitars for the budding musicians and we’re surrounded by countryside at the University Innovation Park for those that just want to escape for a walk in the fresh air or to reinvigorate your creative skills – a pre-requisite for these roles!
Our passion is to determine how technology can make a difference in the world and we thrive on delivering products and projects with real purpose. Vidatec is a global digital company that solves complex business problems by creating mobile and digital solutions, which improve people’s lives. If you love technology, thrive in a team-based culture where you have a lot of fun along the way and have a willingness to learn new things, then Vidatec could be the place for you.
- Refine concepts through the use of collaborative/low-fidelity design techniques, which may include; sketches and wireframes.
- Refine the detail through the production of detailed mock-ups and interactive prototypes using Invision.
- Produce high quality design compositions that evidence a fundamental understanding of layout, hierarchy, typography, colour theory and patterns.
- Work closely with developers to bring your designs to life, you will be expected to deliver a user interface that provides polished visuals, meaningful iconography and slick intuitive interactions.
- Document and communicate your research, design concepts and the findings of usability studies to the Development Team and wider stakeholders.
- Facilitate stakeholder workshops to explore innovation opportunities, gather requirements and communicate project progress
- Interpret research to create and maintain accurate user experience deliverables
- Plan and conduct user and usability testing
- Sketch ideas, creating wireframes and developing mock-ups of responsive interfaces to support the design process
- Influence product roadmaps based on customer feedback, developments in the marketplace, trends and associated technologies
- Provide training and consultancy to clients to help them engage with and provide content to their audience
- A minimum of 5 years of industry experience in digital product design with a proven track record
- Ability to engage & inspire clients and users, taking ideas and concepts into specific deliverables
- Initiative to identify user needs and act on opportunities to improve the product offering
- Define problems & goals, map user flows, prototype interactions, and oversee the building process across multiple client projects
- Develop a deep understanding of a customer’s problems and create elegant but practical solutions
- Thorough knowledge and experience across a range of design approaches, methodologies along with lo & high-fi prototyping skills
- Ability to manage and work on multiple projects concurrently and work efficiently to tight timescales
- Knowledge of Agile and Scrum methodologies
- Experience with building Enterprise and public facing apps
- Working knowledge and experience designing for iOS and Android, both using principles developed by Apple and Google, as well as create design methodologies of your own. You should also be familiar with the concept of densities in Android design.
- Exceptional UX Design skills
- Interaction Design
- Wireframing and UI prototyping
- Strong collaboration skills across disciplines to drive change into products
- Planning, facilitating and observing workshops
- Ability to grasp and assimilate to new concepts quickly and effectively
- Ability to problem solve, work autonomously or within team
- Experience working in design software including (but not limited to) Sketch, Invision, Flinto, After Effects and the Adobe Creative Suite