Vacancy: Solutions Design Consultant
Location: Stirling/Home Based
Reporting to: Head of Solutions
Our passion is to determine how technology can make a difference in the world and we thrive on delivering products and projects with real purpose. Vidatec is a global digital company that solves complex business problems by creating mobile and digital solutions, which improve people’s lives.
If you love technology, thrive in a team-based culture where you have a lot of fun along the way and have a willingness to learn new things, then Vidatec could be the place for you. We’re growing and are now looking for a Solutions design consultant to develop our already successful Solutions team.
Key Focus Areas:
Vidatec are currently looking for an experienced and inspirational design consultant to provide a customer focused consultancy role. As a member of the Solutions team, you will be involved with Customers and Prospects early in the process to determine customer requirements and demonstrate Vidatec capability through design.
The Solutions Design Consultant requires a competent and experienced designer to engage beyond sales qualification to deliver a level of technical qualification, design, and product knowledge. There is a need for excellent stakeholder management skills to quickly develop strong working relationships with customers and the internal sales and implementation teams.
The role will own the co-ordination of professional services, costings, and formal written response, and should possess strong communications skills in order to understand and translate customer business requirements into clear written description within the statements of works.
The Solutions Design Consultant will play a part in the on-boarding of customer products and projects with the delivery of user training along with a focus on product lifecycle with an ability to drive product development through the process in line with the product team.
This role is a new role within the business and therefore has a requirement for the successful candidate to help and support with the introduction of documentation, process and system development.
- Provides design consultancy services to customers for both project and product opportunities with both prospects and existing customers.
- An ability to understand customer environments and the markets they work within while demonstrating a consultative approach in order to provide best in class advice leading to addressing customers goals
- Work closely with Sales to refine and develop solutions designs in order to provide optimum solutions to customers
- Create the documentation (SoW) introduction to customer requirements for projects. Documentation to be used for customer approval and sign off.
- Serves as the authoritative design lead for projects during the implementation phase
- Co-ordination of Technical team resources to establish project or product costs
- Work with product team to deliver designs as part of the product lifecycle
- Serves as design escalation point for any follow-on customer issues or change requests in regard to the fitness of the solution to ensure ultimate customer satisfaction
- Remain involved on an on-going basis with customers for the development of strategic plans
Essential Skills, Experience and Behaviours required for the role:
- Comprehensive knowledge and experience across a broad range of UI/UX principles and practices aligned with the strategic needs of Vidatec
- Experience of stakeholder management to C-suite level
- 10 years experience in a customer facing role, preferably in a technical consultancy role
- Demonstrated understanding of software design and principles
- 5-10 years demonstrated experience of effective solutions design to enterprise customers
- Experience and knowledge of software development frameworks such as Appcelerator, Native and React native.
- Comprehensive knowledge of design, operating practices and procedures in a software development environment
- Broad knowledge of the Vidatec services, products, priorities and values
- Technical & Vendor/Partner certifications/qualifications as necessary to perform the role
- Proven track record of managing 3rd party suppliers
- 5 years experience utilising product knowledge with a product development environment
Soft skills requirements;
- Customer care
- Consultative approach with commercial awareness relating to business needs
- Time management
- Presentation skills
- Communication skills (Oral and written)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft suite
- Working knowledge of CRM system