Reporting to: Chief Operating Officer
Our passion is to determine how technology can make a difference in the world and we thrive on delivering products and projects with real purpose. Vidatec is a global digital company that solves complex business problems by creating mobile and digital solutions, which improve people’s lives.
If you love technology, thrive in a team-based culture where you have a lot of fun along the way and have a willingness to learn new things, then Vidatec could be the place for you. We have our next exciting opportunity for a Product Manager as part of the COO’s leadership team.
The successful candidate will manage the product management function with responsibility for building a small team of Product developers. There are four key areas of accountability for the role of Product Manager:
- Be Vidatec’s product evangelist – with an ability to talk about the process and the product itself with confidence in any forum and create differentiation through your work
- Own the product lifecycle – Define, demonstrate and guide internal resources and our customers through the defined product lifecycle.
- Be the single source for product description – be the internal and external expert for the Vidatec product portfolio
- Market knowledge – Sufficient to be seen as an industry expert with the ability to research and innovate within the product portfolio
- To determine process for all products from research through to market availability and ensure delivery within project timescales.
- Plan new product and product releases to ensure success in the marketplace.
- Own and develop the strategic product roadmap
- Demonstrate good understanding of our customer requirements and act as a buffer with the development team to ensure customer demands are deliverable and meet expectations
- Conduct competitor and industry research to ensure we remain competitive in the market
- Manage virtual team including product development, design, QA, project management for product launches and with the sales and marketing team to ensure products remain fit for purpose and presented to the market effectively
- Contribute to R&D of existing product set e.g. new features, updates etc.
Essential Skills, Experience and Behaviours required for the role:
- Minimum 2 years relevant experience as a Product manager
- The attitude and experience to work autonomously and lead the product management function
- Research and analytical ability
- Knowledge and understanding of the Scrum master and Agile methodology frameworks
- A positive outgoing personality and determined approach to researching and influencing opportunities from a technical perspective
- Confident to present and represent Vidatec in Public forums and to C-Suite level
- Demonstrates positive cultural behaviours with an ability to positively influence others
- Work and communicate effectively with all areas of the business and customers – open and honest, vibrant communication model is absolutely expected
- Self-motivated with strong sense of ownership, leadership and accountability, with an ability to work and lead under own guidance.
- Must be technically and commercially aware with good industry knowledge
- Demonstrate the necessary behaviours to engage at all levels of the Vidatec customer base in all sectors and verticals.
- Leadership skills and experience to work within the business values, leading the team to meet their goals and ensure that you take people on ‘the journey’.
Vidatec can offer you a competitive salary and benefits package.