Location: Remote or Stirling/Edinburgh office
Our passion is how technology can make a difference in the world and we thrive on delivering projects with real purpose. Vidatec is a digital company that solves complex business problems by creating mobile and digital solutions, which improve people’s lives.
If you love technology, thrive in a team-based culture where you have a lot of fun along the way and have a willingness to learn new things, then Vidatec could be the place for you.
We are looking for developers to join our vibrant and ever-growing team. We are looking for developers with a mix of the right skills to work within our product team developing our internal products.
The right candidate is a strong developer who thrives in a team but can also efficiently manage their own time effectively. They will be able to articulate their decisions convincingly to their project team and construct creative solutions to any problems they face while also knowing when to collaborate with others on a resolution.
This role will have a mix of Mobile and Web technologies we appreciate that we may get candidates who may be stronger in some areas than others but broadly we are looking for skills in the following areas:
- Minimum 2 years relevant experience as a developer within a product based team.
- Desire to deliver scalable, readable, documented code
- Strong proficiency with version control (Git)
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration, especially in a mobile context (Bitrise, Jenkins, etc)
- Experience of writing secure code and a solid understanding of industry security standards
- Ability to work with remote APIs and write applications that gracefully degrade in low-quality network conditions
- An eye for detail and a desire to deliver a quality product
- Analytical skills, a love of problem solving and a passion to learn from and teach others
- Ability to work as part of a tight-knit project team to deliver a product to client specifications
- A solid understanding of the software development lifecycle and working in an Agile environment
- Ability to work directly with the client and maintaining clear lines of communication
- Ability to work with remote Linux boxes as well as cloud architecture providers (Azure, AWS)
- Experience in Project Management tools and time-tracking (Jira etc)
- Demonstrable experience in writing IOS/Android mobile Apps. Native and or React Native Skills would be advantageous.
- Knowledge of iOS/Android Code Signing / App Deployment
- Understanding of Mobile UI/UX (including an awareness of platform standard UI) and accessibility in mobile applications
- Demonstrable experience in writing React web applications
- Experience in writing React web applications
- Experience in working with Node.js
- Experience with server-side rendering tools (eg Handlebars, Pug)
- Knowledge of databases (Relational and nonrelational) and data architecture
- Knowledge of Unit Testing / E2E Testing
- Experience working with containerisation technologies
- Keeping up to date with the latest industry trends and sharing opinions/findings with the wider team
- Experience with CocoaPods / Carthage
Vidatec can offer you a competitive salary and benefits package.