Our passion is how technology can make a difference in the world and we thrive on delivering projects with real purpose. Vidatec is a global digital company that solves complex business problems by creating mobile and digital solutions, which improve people’s lives.
If you love technology, thrive in a team-based culture where you have a lot of fun along the way and have a willingness to learn new things, then Vidatec could be the place for you. We have an exciting opportunity for the role of Node/Backend Developer.
Our company headquarters are in Dundee, but all staff are working from home at present. Once life returns to normal, as a modern digital company, we offer flexible working arrangements, with some of our team working remotely throughout the UK. In addition to a competitive salary, we also offer an excellent benefits package.
We are looking for a Node/Backend Developer to join our growing team. At Vidatec we work with a wide variety of clients from several different sectors, including Financial Services, Retail, Health & Social Care and Travel/Leisure. We work at the cutting edge of technology and help our clients realise their ambitions by utilising that technology. The role will help deliver a wide range of mobile and web application projects.
You will have proven experience in backend development, preferably using technologies and libraries such as NodeJS, Express/HAPI, Swagger, MySQL, MongoDB, PostgreSQL, and JWT Auth as well as an understanding of AWS and modern practices development field.
You will be part of project-based delivery teams which comprise of Tech Leads, QA, UI/UX and a suitable mix of front/back and mobile developers where necessary. You will be supported by, and report to our CTO and a team of Technical Architects.
What you bring
- At least 2 years of commercial experience in a similar role
- Excellent knowledge of React, NodeJS and MySQL [Essential]
- Knowledge of Jam stack [nice to have]
- Knowledge of RESTful APIs. [Essential]
- Understanding of AWS or Azure [Essential]
- An experience of agile delivery
- Excellent communication skills.
- Keeping abreast of modern coding practices and technologies.
- To write reusable, testable, and efficient code.
- Understanding of the nature of asynchronous programming and its challenges.
- Understanding accessibility.
- User authentication and authorisation between multiple systems, servers, and environment.
- Understanding fundamental design principles for a scalable, responsive websites and web applications.
- Proficient use of code-versioning and continuous-integration suites and pipelines.
- Analytical skills and problem-solving abilities.
- Comfort with joining client-facing delivery teams on stand-up calls.
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, including your current notice period and salary expectations.