Mobile Developer (iOS Specialist)
Our passion is how technology can make a difference in the world and we thrive on delivering projects with real purpose. Vidatec is a digital company that solves complex business problems by creating mobile and digital solutions, which improve people’s lives.
If you love technology, thrive in a team-based culture where you have a lot of fun along the way and have a willingness to learn new things, then Vidatec could be the place for you.
We are looking for a Mobile Developer (Specialising in Native iOS) to join our growing team here in our Stirling Office. At Vidatec we work with a wide variety of clients from a number of different sectors, including Financial Services, Retail, Heath & Social Care and Travel/Leisure. We work at the cutting edge of technology and help our clients realise their ambitions by utilising that technology.
This role will involve working on various client-facing projects spanning many technologies and working in cross-discipline project teams involving Project Managers, QA Testers, other developers and client stakeholders. You will also be involved in mentoring Junior developers and sharing your knowledge with the wider team.
The right candidate is a strong developer who thrives in a team but can also efficiently manage their own time effectively. They will be able to articulate their decisions convincingly to their project team and construct creative solutions to any problems they face while also knowing when to collaborate with others on a resolution.
- Demonstrable experience in writing Native iOS Applications (Swift)
- Desire to deliver scalable, readable, documented code
- Strong proficiency with version control (Git)
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration, especially in a mobile context (Bitrise, Jenkins, etc)
- Knowledge of iOS Code Signing / App Deployment
- Experience of writing secure code and a solid understanding of industry security standards
- Understanding of Mobile UI/UX (including an awareness of platform standard UI) and accessibility in mobile applications
- Ability to work with remote APIs and write applications that gracefully degrade in low-quality network conditions
- An eye for detail and a desire to deliver a quality product
- Analytical skills, a love of problem solving and a passion to learn from and teach others
- Ability to work as part of a tight-knit project team to deliver a product to client specifications
- A solid understanding of the software development lifecycle and working in an Agile environment
- Experience with working directly with the client and maintaining clear lines of communication
- Experience in Project Management tools and time-tracking (Jira etc)
- Experience with CocoaPods / Carthage
- Knowledge of Unit Testing / E2E Testing
- Experience with other technologies (Web/Native Android/React Native) and a willingness to work on projects on these platforms
- Web frontend technologies (HTML5, CSS3, React, SASS, Webpack) and understanding of responsive design
- Web backend technologies (Node.js, PHP, WordPress, MySQL, MongoDB) and an ability to work on secure, performant web applications
- Native Android development (Java, Kotlin, Gradle, AndroidX)
- React Native (JS, Redux, Native modules, understanding of render cycles, bridge communication, etc)
- Keeping up to date with the latest industry trends and sharing opinions/findings with the wider team
Vidatec can offer you a competitive salary and benefits package.