Our passion is how technology can make a difference in the world and we thrive on delivering projects with real purpose. Vidatec is a global digital company that solves complex business problems by creating mobile and digital solutions, which improve people’s lives.
If you love technology, thrive in a team-based culture where you have a lot of fun along the way and have a willingness to learn new things, then Vidatec could be the place for you. We have an exciting opportunity for the role of Lead Web Developer.
Our company headquarters are in Dundee, but all staff are working from home at present. Once life returns to normal, as a modern digital company, we can offer flexible working arrangements. In addition to a competitive salary, we also offer an excellent benefits package.
We are looking for a Lead Web Developer to join our growing team. At Vidatec we work with a wide variety of clients from a number of different sectors, including Financial Services, Retail, Health & Social Care and Travel/Leisure. We work at the cutting edge of technology and help our clients realise their ambitions by utilising that technology. The role will help oversee a wide range of mobile application projects.
You will have proven experience in web and backend development, preferably using React, NodeJS and MySQL, alongside an understanding of AWS and best practices in the web development field.
As a lead role you will be required to have effective 121’s with your team and have the ability to lead developers to achieve their goals and the goals of the company.
What you bring
- Excellent knowledge of React, NodeJS and MySQL.
- Knowledge of Jam stack.
- Knowledge of RESTful APIs.
- Understanding of AWS.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Leadership capabilities, with the ability to juggle a hands-on dev role and manage a group of likeminded developers.
- The ability to support, mentor and motivate Developers in not only technical solutions but their overall development.
- A good head for uncovering that intricacies of legacy projects with minimum exposure.
- Keeping abreast of modern coding practices and technologies.
- The ability to perform code reviews to ensure our coding efforts conform to best practices.
- Being an active member of the Technical Steering Group and contribute to moving forward Vidatec’s technical standing, along with identifying and eradicating technical debt.
- Being able to provide accurate estimates for development work and perform meaningful write ups around feature rationale.
- To write reusable, testable, and efficient code.
- Understanding of the nature of asynchronous programming and its challenges.
- Understanding accessibility.
- User authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environment.
- Understanding fundamental design principles for a scalable, responsive websites and webapps.
- Proficient use of code-versioning and continuous-integration suite.
- Analytical skills and problem-solving abilities.
Please send your CV to email@example.com, including your current notice period and salary expectations.