Our passion is how technology can make a difference in the world and we thrive on delivering projects with real purpose. Vidatec is a digital company that solves complex business problems by creating mobile and digital solutions, which improve people’s lives.
If you love technology, thrive in a team-based culture where you have a lot of fun along the way and have a willingness to learn new things, then Vidatec could be the place for you.
We are looking for Junior Web and Mobile developers to join our vibrant and ever-growing team. We are looking to develop a hub of learning and excellence within the City of Edinburgh to work with our colleagues at the Stirling Home Office. At Vidatec we work with a wide variety of clients from a number of different sectors, including Financial Services, Retail, Heath & Social Care and Travel/Leisure. We work at the cutting edge of technology and help our clients realise their ambitions by utilising that technology.
We appreciate that we may get candidates with different skill levels but broadly we are looking for skills in the following areas:
- Desire to deliver scalable, readable, documented code
- Strong proficiency with version control (Git)
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration, especially in a mobile context (Bitrise, Jenkins, etc)
- Experience of writing secure code and a solid understanding of industry security standards
- Ability to work with remote APIs and write applications that gracefully degrade in low-quality network conditions
- An eye for detail and a desire to deliver a quality product
- Analytical skills, a love of problem solving and a passion to learn from and teach others
- Ability to work as part of a tight-knit project team to deliver a product to client specifications
- A solid understanding of the software development lifecycle and working in an Agile environment
- Ability to work directly with the client and maintaining clear lines of communication
- Ability to work with remote Linux boxes as well as cloud architecture providers (Azure, AWS)
- Demonstrable experience in writing IOS/Android mobile Apps. Native and or React Native Skills would be advantageous.
- Knowledge of iOS/Android Code Signing / App Deployment
- Understanding of Mobile UI/UX (including an awareness of platform standard UI) and accessibility in mobile applications
- Demonstrable experience in writing React web applications
- Experience in working with Node.js
Vidatec can offer you a competitive salary and benefits package.