Reporting to: Technical Director
Our passion is to determine how technology can make a difference in the world and we thrive on delivering products and projects with real purpose. Vidatec is a global digital company that solves complex business problems by creating mobile and digital solutions, which improve people’s lives.
If you love technology, thrive in a team-based culture where you have a lot of fun along the way and have a willingness to learn new things, then Vidatec could be the place for you. We have our next exciting opportunity for a senior leader in the role of Head of Solutions.
There are three key areas of accountability for the role of Head of Solutions:
- Technical evangelist – The successful candidate should be competent in delivering both verbal and written technical capabilities of the Vidatec product portfolio and our approach to projects.
- Customer trusted advisor – Lead the solutions team to support the sales function through a strategic approach to defining customer technical requirements and providing advice to influence customers and internal delivery teams
- Leadership – Management of our Solutions team including QA, Design, Pre Sales and Support resources with an ownership of the processes and systems used within these areas and the capacity planning of the resources
The key focus area for the role is developing successful strategic partnerships with our customers and prospects with responsibility for technical pre sales ownership, capturing customer requirements and identifying opportunities.
This is a new and exciting opportunity for a Head of Solutions as we scale and grow, there’s a need to develop the role and determine a structure and process appropriate to drive positive engagement with our customers.
The successful candidate must work in partnership with our Sales function and customers and continually demonstrate our business values ensuring they experience the personal level of service that Vidatec prides itself in. Success in this role is determined by representing our customers and their feedback within Vidatec and creating a clear communication line between all stakeholders.
- Lead all technical qualification of opportunities in conjunction with the Sales teams business qualification
- Understand the customer and their business and the challenges that enable Vidatec to alleviate their issues and risk.
- Ability to clearly and succinctly address and communicate requirements with internal and external stakeholders
- Contribute to and gather internal technical resources and present in a formal customer proposal
- Establish good relations with the Vidatec sales, product and project management teams
- Articulate the technical benefits of the Vidatec portfolio of products and services, adding value to their service and experience
- Support the sales function in building account development plans (ADP’s) for strategic customers with an ability to articulate technical opportunities for customers future needs.
- Ability to clearly articulate the technical benefits to a technical and non-technical audience
- Represent Vidatec at events and technically evangelise.
Essential Skills, Experience and Behaviours required for the role:
- Extensive, successful track record within a technical leadership position
- Demonstrable ability to technically influence a wide range of stakeholders to a C-Suite level
- A positive outgoing personality and determined approach to researching and technically influencing opportunities
- Demonstrates positive cultural behaviours with an ability to positively influence others
- Work and communicate effectively with all areas of the business and customers – open and honest, vibrant communication model is absolutely expected
- Self-motivated with strong sense of ownership, leadership and accountability, with an ability to work under own guidance.
- Must be technically and commercially aware with good industry knowledge
- Demonstrate the necessary behaviours to engage at all levels of the Vidatec customer base in all sectors and verticals.
- Ability to look objectively at problems and offer a balanced view to resolving customer issues.
- Team player, contributing to the overall success of the business and the team goals and ensure that you take people on ‘the journey’.