Head of Project Delivery
Our passion and purpose is to improve peoples experience of life through technology and we thrive on delivering products and projects with real purpose. Vidatec is a global digital company that solves complex business problems by creating mobile and digital solutions.
If you love technology, thrive in a team-based culture where you have a lot of fun along the way and have a willingness to learn new things, then Vidatec could be the place for you. We have our next exciting opportunity and it’s for the role of Head of Project Delivery.
The key areas to the role of Head of Project Delivery:
Vidatec are currently looking for an inspirational leader to provide day to day leadership of our Project Delivery team. The team have a mixed level of experience and require coaching and mentoring as well as growing the team through recruitment of experienced project managers.
The role requires an equal balance of delivery expertise and commercial assessment of projects gained through current, hands-on involvement in project delivery of software solutions. Excellent leadership skills are required to quickly develop strong working relationships with existing and new team members.
As the Head of Project Delivery you will form part of the Technical leadership team responsible for technical strategy, product roadmap, career development and resourcing for our projects and products, reporting in to the COO.
- Manage project deliverables through to customer acceptance as defined by the Scope of Works and Contractual Agreements.
- Provide a line of coaching and mentoring for project managers to determine consistency across the team and to our customers
- Delivery of projects within the pre-determined budget, driving consistency across all team members
- Track & manage project profitability across all project across the project delivery team and report on that weekly within the business commercial calls
- Work with the Finance Director to maintain a positive cashflow position by ensuring reasonable payment plans are agreed at outset, co-ordinating customer requirements with project plans and raising interim and final invoices at earliest date and become a line of escalation for the project delivery team
- Maximise billable utilisation so as to drive revenue generation performance, facilitated through the weekly commercial call chaired by the COO
- Allow for and schedule change requests with customers through the delivery team, raised for any work outside of original scope
- Provide up to date information on shared files and systems for use by the wider team
- Management of all resources through the project lifecycle ensuring that deliverables are within pre order quotation budget.
- Provide escalation route to control all risks to the project to minimise the impact on project deliverables.
- Co-ordinate the delivery of services provided by third party suppliers to meet project timescales.
- To provide project documentation as a primary reference point for the project team, the Technical director, Leadership team and external interfaces.
- Compliance with all Security, Safety, Health & Environmental responsibilities
Essential Skills, Experience, and Behaviours required for the role:
- Demonstrable experience of leadership within a project function
- Clear communication line between all areas of Vidatec business and our customers.
- Continually demonstrate our values ensuring the highest standards that Vidatec take pride in.
- Demonstrable project management experience within a technical environment.
- Financial reporting and presenting.
- Risk Management
- Time Management
- Managing budgets
- Dealing confidently with colleagues up to Director Level.
- Working appreciation of Agile methodology necessary with PRINCE 2 and SCRUM master frameworks knowledge desirable.
- Driving leadership of project consistently being delivered within scope, budget and timescales
- Complete commercial analysis of all projects with an ability report findings to leadership team
- Ability to determine and record resourcing requirements for current and pipeline opportunities
- Project performance reviewed against contractual agreements
- Performance reporting provided to Technical Director on a regular basis
- Providing a quality service, with the customer at the heart of everything
- Signed off project / Service consistently fit for purpose.
- Accurate measurement of ratio of risks to problems actually arising.
- Gathering and utilising feedback from project team, sponsors and customers.
- Effective working relationships with suppliers and customers.
- Problem solving
- Presenting formally to customers
- Partner management
Send Us Your CV