Location: Stirling/Edinburgh or Remote
Our passion is how technology can make a difference in the world and we thrive on delivering projects with real purpose. Vidatec is a digital company that solves complex business problems by creating mobile and digital solutions, which improve people’s lives.
If you love technology, thrive in a team-based culture where you have a lot of fun along the way and have a willingness to learn new things, then Vidatec could be the place for you.
We are looking for a Full Stack Web Developer to join our growing team here in our Stirling office. At Vidatec we work with a wide variety of clients from a number of different sectors, including Financial Services, Retail, Heath & Social Care and Travel/Leisure. We work at the cutting edge of technology and help our clients realise their ambitions by utilising that technology.
This role will involve working on various client-facing projects spanning many technologies and working in cross-discipline project teams involving Project Managers, QA Testers, other Developers and client stakeholders. You will also be involved in mentoring Junior Developers and sharing your knowledge with the wider team.
The right candidate is a strong developer who thrives in a team but can also efficiently manage their own time effectively. They will be able to articulate their decisions convincingly to their project team and construct creative solutions to any problems they face while also knowing when to collaborate with others on a resolution.
💻 Required Skills
- Demonstrable experience in writing React web applications
- Experience in working with Node.js
- Ability to work with remote Linux boxes as well as cloud architecture providers (Azure, AWS)
- Knowledge of Unit, Integration and E2E Testing
- Desire to deliver scalable, readable, documented code
- Strong proficiency with version control (Git)
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration
- Experience of writing secure code and a solid understanding of industry security standards
- An eye for detail and a desire to deliver a quality product
- Analytical skills, a love of problem solving and a passion to learn from and teach others
- Ability to work as part of a tight-knit project team to deliver a product to client specifications
- A solid understanding of the software development lifecycle and working in an Agile environment
- Experience with working directly with the client and maintaining clear lines of communication
- Experience in Project Management tools and time-tracking (Jira etc)
💎 Desirable Skills
- Experience with PHP/Wordpress
- Experience with server-side rendering tools (eg Handlebars, Pug)
- Knowledge of databases (Relational and nonrelational) and data architecture
- Experience working with containerisation technologies
- Experience with other technologies (iOS/Android/React Native) and a willingness to work on projects on these platforms:
- Native iOS Development (Swift, Objective-C, Cocoapods/Carthage)
- Native Android Development (Java, Kotlin, Gradle, AndroidX)
- React Native (JS, Redux, Native modules, understanding of render cycles, bridge communication, etc)
- Keeping up to date with the latest industry trends and sharing opinions/findings with the wider team
Vidatec can offer you a competitive salary and benefits package.
Send Us Your CV