We are Vidatec; award-winning, digital transformation specialists, headquartered in Scotland. We’ve been around in the business for well over 10 years, which means we’ve seen trends come and go… but what never goes away is our understanding that people are at the heart of it all, along with an underlying commitment to making a positive impact on people’s lives.
We understand human behaviour: it’s in our DNA. We question, we innovate, we explore what technology can do – all to help improve people’s experience of life.
We know what it takes to create, build and deliver a digital solution that will meet the changing needs of our customers.
On the face of it, we build successful digital platforms for clients of all sizes, spanning lifestyle, educational, business, travel, and many more. But on a deeper level, we’re much more than that.
Our scalable services and in-house technical expertise offer real value for those looking to use digital solutions to improve the world around them.
If you love technology, thrive in a team-based culture where you have a lot of fun along the way and have a willingness to learn new things, then Vidatec could be the place for you.
Reporting to the CEO, the Business Development Director will be responsible for creating and implementing the business development strategy for Vidatec, while helping the organisation to grow in stature and acquire new business.
This is a pivotal appointment at an exciting time.
With high growth anticipated, the Business Development Director will help deliver on our growth strategy by using strong technology platform solution sales experience and an impressive track record of delivering new business wins.
The Business Development Director will have knowledge and experience of working with large enterprise organisations who are going through digital transformation, selling a wide range of technology solutions to solve complex challenges.
With an emphasis on selling bespoke technology platforms, across both mobile and web, this senior role is varied, working for a growing organisation that not only delivers amazing custom digital solutions for big name clients, but has also launched its own SaaS products to market that are improving lives around the world.
- Inspiring Leadership – Building and maintaining a positive culture and working environment, where people are motivated to bring their whole self to work.
- Strategic Development – Helping to shape our strategy while supporting our clients and prospects to develop their own digital vision.
- Systems & Processes – Design and implement scalable systems, standards and processes to enable a quality and efficient sales process within the organisation.
- Entrepreneurial Mindset– Be an ambassador for everything we stand for, constantly networking, talking at events, meeting with prospects and finding solutions for our prospects.
- Sales Acumen – Demonstrate all the traits, experience, skills and mindset of an excellent salesperson, including prospecting, value articulation, problem solving, objection handling and negotiation, and relationship building.
- Target Driven – Exceed targets regularly by identifying and understanding key business drivers and outcomes for our prospects, and propose appropriate services and solutions. Provide clear and accurate proposals, negotiate and close deals.
- Managing, Coaching and Mentoring – Across the entire organisation.
- Innovation & Thought Leadership – Contribute to thought leadership externally and internally. Build and maintain strong relationship with the technology community to position Vidatec as a thought leader and promote our solutions and products
Required Skills and Experience
- You’ll have experience of technology software sales which encompasses professional services, selling into large enterprise organisations, as well as start-ups who are looking for a technology partner.
- Ideally, you will have been part of an early phase organisation and you’ll understand what it takes to scale a technology start-up and be the leader in that journey in every respect.
- Experience and evidence of creating and implementing a successful Business Development Strategy and Execution plan, measuring, monitoring and reporting on success.
- Acumen – Commercial, tactical, technical and strategic awareness, with ability to engage and build strong, effective relationships.
- Experience pitching to C-Level decision makers.
- Comfortable owning the new business pipeline, leading pitches and working with agencies to fill the top of the funnel.
- Expert networking skills and the ability to build strong and appropriate relationships with senior stakeholders.
- A thorough understanding of technology services, including creative design, development, QA, architecture, and data.
- Broad technology experience and a sound awareness of technology trends and their potential impact on our prospects and customers.
- You will be a creative salesperson who can help clients by finding solutions to their problems.
- Working as part of a team – B2B deals are usually complex and require cross team working. You will be a team player and collaborator, building strong relationships internally.
- An appreciation and knowledge of technology delivery, agile methodologies, etc.
Please send your CV to email@example.com, including your current notice period and salary expectations.
Closing Date: 6th December 2021